At saint benedict’s table we seek to engage the season of Lent in a full and robust way, walking the 40 day season from Ash Wednesday through Good Friday and on to Easter in a way that makes those celebrations of the resurrection truly sing. As the season begins, here’s a few opportunities to consider:
Ash Wednesday – The season of Lent begins on Wednesday March 1, and we will be marking this with a liturgy at 7pm. This liturgy incorporates both communion and the “imposition of ashes,” which is a really powerful and evocative way to move into the season. If you’ve never taken part in this liturgy before, I’d strongly encourage you to join us.
Wednesday evenings in Lent – 7:00 to 8:00pm in the chapel – Over the season of Lent we’re offering the opportunity to gather for an evening liturgy and to hear stories from our own congregation of people who are wrestling with different ways of participating in the redemption of the world.
- March 1 – Ash Wednesday Liturgy
- March 8 -David Falk – On radical hospitality
- March 15 – Meaghan Pauls -Bell Tower Community Café
- March 22- April Klassen – On walking with the Bear Clan
- March 29- Rachel Twigg Boyce – Houseblend Ministries
- April 5 – Pierre Plourde – Hand in Hand with Haiti
- April 12 – Jamie Howison -Repentance and freedom | A Book of Common Prayer eucharist
Songs and Stillness for Lent – Saturday March 11, 7pm – A liturgy of song, readings, prayer, and stillness, with music led by Jaylene Johnson. Just a heads up… we will be using incense at this liturgy.