*Details on applying for a grant from the saint benedict’s table Arts Fund are available by clicking here.
saint benedict’s table arts fund committee
TERMS OF REFERENCE
saint benedict’s table is a community that values active participation in the arts. We engage with the arts in a variety of ways including weekly worship, art shows, house concerts, the support of an artist in residence and the production of new works of art created by members of our community. These new works are financially supported by our arts fund.
Arts Fund Statement of Purpose
To support and promote artistic and creative projects that enrich the faith life of those connected to the saint benedict’s table (sbt) community.
The arts fund committee (afc) includes:
● At least one (1) experienced artist who is involved in the sbt community andpreferably has experience in the commerce of art.
● At least one (1) member of the sbt staff (the pastor will act as ex-officio member, but is not required to attend meetings unless requested).
● At least one (1) member of the sbt kitchen table.
● The sbt artist-in-residence (when applicable).
The committee consults with advisors as necessary:
● Members-at-large from the sbt community with a wide range of skills including, but not limited to project management and a track record of investment and involvement in the life of sbt.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Any afc member/advisor with a direct investment in an application will recuse him/herself from voting.
● Establish, monitor and revise funding criteria that reflect and uphold the beliefs and core values of sbt.
● Prayerfully manage the income of the arts fund.
● Draft contracts and establish reporting guidelines for each project.
● Communicate clearly and regularly with successful applicants and provide ongoing support and project oversight for the duration of the contract.
● Report regularly to the kitchen table about fund activities.
● Within one (1) month of the completion of a project submit a written report to the kitchen table including a statement of income and expenses, project assessment and expected next steps.
● Consult with the sbt store manager on the inventory control of arts fund
Term of Office
Regular members of the sbt arts fund committee will be appointed by the sbt kitchen table. Unless otherwise established, all members will be elected to serve a term of two (2) years. No one member of the committee will be appointed for more than two (2) consecutive terms of service. After two (2) consecutive terms of service on the committee, an individual may not be reappointed without an absence from the committee of at least one (1) year.
Advisors will appointed to the sbt arts fund by the arts fund committee on a per-project basis. Once the project an advisor is appointed to is complete, the advisor will be released from all responsibilities on the arts fund committee. Advisors may be reappointed to the arts fund committee as needed.